To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn

To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn - Sandra Byrd 3.5 starsMeg Wyatt grew up as a neighbor to Anne Boleyn and the two were best friends since childhood. When Anne is sent to court in the service of the king’s sister, Meg is married off to an elderly baron while her heart belongs to Will Ogilvy who chooses priesthood over her. But when Anne starts to rise at court, Meg joins her as one of Anne’s ladies and finds herself in the middle of court intrigue. I really liked the idea of telling the story from the point of view of Anne’s friend and it was nice change as well. And I loved that she was a real person who could have actually been Anne’s friend.Meg was likeable person but she could also see the flaws of her friend while still being loyal till the end. I would have liked to hear and see more about Anne’s relationship with Henry Percy and what did Meg make of the rumors about Anne and George. Since Meg and Anne were childhood friends Meg probably knew George also and it would have been interesting to see her view of it,Religion is a major theme in the novel thankfully it doesn’t come off as preachy as I feared.